Police Beat

3-on-1: Trio jumps, robs man on Heath


These robbers traveled in a group of three.

Just after 2 a.m., on July 8, a man walking on Heath Avenue was reportedly attacked by a group of men.

The victim, according to police, claimed the threesome approached him and began punching and hitting him with their fists. They then stole his wallet — which housed a pair of credit cards and a driver’s license — as well as his Samsung cell phone. 

Police valued all the stolen property at $479.

After getting what they wanted, the trio ran off, although the victim couldn’t say which way they went. When officers arrived, they looked around, but couldn’t find anyone suspicious. The victim claims the men all looked to be around 25, but had different heights and weights.

The 42-year-old suffered some minor injuries, like some face swelling, but refused medical treatment. 

Police are still on the lookout for the three attackers.

Cops pinch drunk driver

A motorist struggling to stay within the lines, ended up with a charge of driving under the influence.

The 36-year-old was first seen driving on Sedgwick Avenue around midnight on July 5, police said. Officers knew something was wrong when his 2009 red Honda Accord began swerving, even crossing the double yellow lines. 

When they pulled him over, the officers noted that the driver’s speech was slurred, his eyes watery, and his breath faintly smelling like alcohol, according to the report.

The man refused to take a Breathalyzer and was arrested.

Hot wheels stolen

A man returned to his parked car June 29 to find both the front and back tires on the passenger side missing.

The 23-year-old victim told police he parked his car at the corner of West Gunn Hill Road and Jerome Avenue earlier that day. It wasn’t until 4:30 p.m., however, that he noticed the damage.

The two wheels, attached to a 2017 Honda Accord, were valued at $1,700, according to police.

Woman has new car snatched

For this thief, the wheels just weren’t enough.

Instead, on July 8, someone decided to steal a 2017 blue Honda Civic from its parking spot at 170 W. 233 St.

The victim parked her car there, according to police, only to return hours later and find it missing. The 49-year-old told officers there was another set of keys stashed in the glove department.

There were no cameras at the scene, and no witnesses have come forward. Although police have closed the case, they’ll still be alerted if the vehicle shows up. 

Police valued the four-door car at $20,000.